Who are We?…
Who are we that our God loves us this much:
“What is man that you are mindful of him, or the son of man that you care for him? You made him for a little while lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honor, subjecting all things under his feet.” …For it was fitting that he, for whom and through whom all things exist, in bringing many children to glory, should make the leader to their salvation perfect through suffering. -Hebrews 2:6-8,10, NAB
When we think of the incredible gift of salvation given to us by our Savior, it brings to mind many questions about who we are:
- Who are we that our God would come down from Heaven to become the Son of Man?
- Who are we that Christ would humble Himself by being born in a manger?
- Who are we that Jesus would subject Himself to the same temptations and emotions as we feel?
- Who are we that the Son would allow Himself to be beaten and flogged for our sake?
- Who are we that our Lord would be forced to carry His own cross?
- Who are we that the one true King should wear a crown of thorns?
- Who are we that the loving hands of our Messiah are pierced with nails?
- Who are we that the Son of God gives His life on our behalf?
- Who are we that the Risen Lord offers us salvation despite our many faults?
- Who are we that our God loves us this much?
We are God’s children. We may not deserve the love He gives us, but He offers it to us freely anyway. The only question left: who are we not to accept it?