1 Peter 3:8
In today’s verse, Peter gives us the keys to Christian life:
“Finally, all of you, be of one mind, sympathetic, loving toward one another, compassionate, humble.” -1 Peter 3:8, NAB
- One mind – When we are united, we can accomplish many great things. It is our division as a Christian Church, in the many denominations, that weakens us.
- Sympathetic – As our brothers and sisters struggle in life, we need to offer a helping hand, an open ear, and a shoulder to cry on.
- Loving toward one another – One of Christ’s greatest commandments. First we must love God, then we must love each other.
- Compassionate – Similar to sympathy, Peter is asking us to show love and concern for one another.
- Humble – In all these things, we need to remember who we are and why we are here. We must humble ourselves and give all glory to God.